Natural chrysoberyl 0.66 ct (6.1 x 4.9 x 2.9 mm)
Size(MM): 6.1 x 4.9 x 2.9
Color: YELLOWISH GREEN
Origin: SRI LANKA
Hardness: 8 – 8.5
Lot N0(SKU): GF
Chrysoberyl is an aluminate of beryllium with the specifications BeAl2O4. The name chrysoberyl is derived from the Greek words chrysos and beryllos, meaning “a gold-white spar”. Notwithstanding the comparison of their names, chrysoberyl and beryl are two entirely distinct gemstones, although they both contain beryllium. Chrysoberyl is the third-hardest frequently faced natural gemstone and lies at 8.5 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, between corundum and topaz.
An exciting feature of its crystals is the cyclic twins called trillings. These twinned crystals have a hexagonal fitness but are the outcome of a triplet of twins with each “twin” oriented at 120° to its acquaintances and taking up 120° of the cyclic trilling. If only two of the three permissible twin adjustments are present, a “V”-shaped twin results.
Normal chrysoberyl is yellowish-green and permeable to translucent. When the mineral displays good pale green to yellow color and is transparent, then it is used as a gemstone. The three main varieties of chrysoberyl are ordinary yellow-to-green chrysoberyl, cat’s eye or cymophane, and alexandrite. Yellow-green chrysoberyl was referred to as “chrysolite” during the Victorian and Edwardian eras, which confused considering that name has also been used for the mineral olivine (“peridot” as a gemstone); that name is no longer used in the gemological taxonomy.”
- IF (Internally Flawless) – “Loupe-Clean” or 100% Clean – Exceptional quality with no inclusion(s) visible using a 10X loupe.
- VVS (Very, Very Small Inclusions) – “Near Loupe-Clean” ~ Excellent quality with only slight inclusion(s) or irregularity with a 10X loupe.
- VS (Very Small Inclusions) – “Eye-Clean” ~ No visible inclusion may at the corner.
- SI (Small Inclusions) – “Near Eye-Clean” ~ Inclusion(s) may be seen with the naked eye but do not affect or interfere with the overall beauty of the gem.
- I (Included) – Having luster, transparent, but included some, but not broken.
- S (Slightly) – “Included-Declasses”~ Heavily Included -stones.
The shipping is completely free for the standard shipping options which will take around 3-4 weeks to arrive on your doorstep. For customers who want the product to be received to the United States, we use the USPS carrier which is completely free and your estimated delivery is 3-5 Business days. For customers who are not in the USA, don’t worry if you want the product sooner, we also provide other shipping services. Which are as follows DHL shipping ($25.00), and FedEx shipping ($25.00). Please contact us if you’re interested.
Standard Shipping: Free
USPS Shipping: Free
DHL Shipping: $25.00
FedEx Shipping: $25.00
We provide 4 Gem labs as shown below. Please contact us if you’re interested.
If you’re interested in having your own jewelry design with this gemstone or want custom jewelry with other gemstones, please contact us. we provide Gold, Silver, Platinum, and other more at a reasonable price.